The latest release of BEopt is Version 184.108.40.206 (January 4, 2018).
Note: BEopt is currently only available for the Windows operating system, but can be used on other operating systems via virtual machines (e.g. Parallels) or via dual booting.
BEopt Version 2.8 contains a number of new capabilities. New features include:
- Central fan integrated supply (CFIS) mechanical ventilation type
- Ducted mini-split heat pump (MSHP) options
- New Kiva ground heat transfer model
- Updated to EnergyPlus v8.8
- New version of DView
See the Changelog for a detailed list of changes.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Building Technologies Program in conjunction with the Building America program has provided multi-year BEopt funding. Two California Solar Initiative (CSI) research projects (Solicitation 1, Solicitation 5) have provided funding support for several BEopt v2 features as well as multi-family analysis capabilities. Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) also provided funding for some multi-family analysis capabilities for the Pacific Northwest as well as software packaging for the Energy Rating Index (ERI) capability.
Older versions of BEopt are available here without support:
- BEopt 220.127.116.11 setup file (November 7, 2016)
- BEopt 18.104.22.168 setup file ( February 27, 2016)
- BEopt 22.214.171.124 setup file (October 30, 2015)
- BEopt 126.96.36.199 Beta setup file (August 31, 2015)
- BEopt 188.8.131.52 setup file (February 2, 2015); E+ v8.1 build 009 or DOE2.2 v48n
- BEopt 184.108.40.206 setup file (March 13, 2014); E+ v8.1 build 009 or DOE2.2 v48n
- BEopt 220.127.116.11 setup file (January 8, 2014); E+ v8.1 build 009 or DOE2.2 v48n
- BEopt 18.104.22.168 setup file (August 22, 2013); E+ v8.0 or DOE2.2 v47g